About Me

My photo
Liverpool/Sheffield, United Kingdom

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Follow up. The anxiety of anticipation.

After collecting a mere five minuets of footage of people waiting at lime street station I returned home to make sense of the material. As I had expected the footage was both banal and meaningless. There was nothing within the footage that shouted anxiety or anticipation. I subsequently came up with an idea to use the piece of video in completely the opposite way to which I had originally intended. 

Anxiety stems from a feeling of lack of control. If we feel we have total control over a situation there is no need for anxiety.

In the following film I have taken complete control of an (uncontrollable) situation that would normally cause me to feel anxious.  


No comments:

Post a Comment