About Me

My photo
Liverpool/Sheffield, United Kingdom

Sunday 6 March 2011

PDP review-Specific relevent questions

Describe a piece of architecture, art, design or music that has caught your attention recently and why?

Leonard Cohen-Song-Suzanne. I've grown up listening to Leonard Cohen. However after listening to the album 'Songs of Leonard Cohen' more recently (through choice) I realized how stunningly visual the lyrics are specifically in 'Suzanne'

“Now Suzanne takes your hand
And she leads you to the river
She is wearing rags and feathers
From Salvation Army counters
And the sun pours down like honey
On our lady of the harbor”

I think it's probably my favourite song ever.

Give a favourite example of each of the following that you've seen/read recently...

book / journal
The Biennial Reader- Referring to the Bergen Biennial conference

film / DVD / video / TV
louis theroux and the Ultra Zionists

exhibition
Nam June Paik

other / outside interests
North West University's Bouldering competition, (came 4th!)

What skills and attributes have you developed since your last review?
I am In the middle of a bit of a creative block. Since my last review although I've continued blog about all the lectures I have attended and everything that I have found interesting and relevant to my practice I feel like my actual piece has not developed. I am currently struggling to see how my piece could develop any further however I am completely aware that it needs to! Its as though the piece itself has started to feel slightly stale and I'm desperate to move forward as I'm starting to resent it in its current state.


Contemporary art and Globalization essay

Identify aspects of this project that you're pleased with...

I am thoroughly enjoying the process of reading around the topic of Globalization, and also the physical process of writing the essay. I'm finding that this module is a well needed and welcomed break from my actual creative practice. It has forced me to look at art in a broader sense and to be less self absorbed which is often very difficult to avoid as an artist. Its also made me remember how important it is to write.


Art practice and publication

Identify aspects of this project that you're pleased with...

I am pleased about how I have managed to adapt to group work. Although I'm finding it very unnatural to do so. I also feel I am using my blog in a very relevant and succinct way.

Following your review write down the skills and attributes you think you need to develop.

Pro activeness.
I need to be less intimidated by the prospect of creating work and developing my work.
I need to be more open-minded to change in my work

No comments:

Post a Comment