About Me

My photo
Liverpool/Sheffield, United Kingdom

Thursday 20 January 2011

Current focus

I mentioned after my last review that I intended to work on a film sequence involving water. After looking at various film artists who use water (such as Bill viola.) I decided to tackle the idea in the same way I have my previous films, by collaging together and editing snippets of footage. I collected footage of myself struggling underwater and have begun to piece together the various slices that appear relevant. I have edited the series so that like in the majority of my other films the subject is out of focus preventing the viewer from being able to absorb the image of the drowning figure fully. The image never settles leaving the viewer visually unfulfilled which undoubtedly causes a sense of anxiety. I chose to use myself as the subject as this film in particular focuses on my own personal experiences of anxiety attacks.  

           

No comments:

Post a Comment